Admin PC user interface consists of the Tree view with the collection
of restriction groups and the List view with the collection of restrictions.
The application provides two different List views: Standart view and Extended
view. The Standard view shows just the collection of restrictions. The Extended
view is divided into two parts: the top part shows the list of restrictions
and the bottom part presents detailed information about the current selected
restriction or restriction group.
You can navigate throw this views following way:
- Use the key Tab on the keyboard to switch between the Tree view and the
- Click on "Standard" or "Extended" tabs on the bottom of List views to switch
between the Standard and the Extended views.
- Use the keys Up, Down on the keyboard to navigate the Tree view or the Standard
and the Extended views.
When you have chosen a single restriction in the Standard or the Extended view
you can change it following way:
- Open Restriction Properties Dialog
- Double-click on selected restriction
- Use the key Enter on the keyboard
- choose Properties menu item from the context menu by
right-clicking on selected restriction
- Select property, using the keys Up, Down on the keyboard or mouse click
- Change the selected property value.
- Click OK button to save the properties.
Read the description and the notes before changing the selected restriction.
The program allows you to work with multiple users. In other words, you may
change the level of access for any Windows user immediately within the program.
You do not need to Log off and Login as other user. All users are shown in the
tree. The program allows you to save your restrictions to files so that you
could return to your previous work when it is necessary, or place the same restrictions
to any other PC.
- Use Action > Reset Changes in the main menu to reset
all restrictions in the Tree view.
- Use Action > Apply Changes in the main menu to apply
all restrictions changes to the computer.
- Use Action > Export in the main menu to save the selected
user restrictions to a file.
- Use Action > Import in the main menu to load exported
restrictions from a file.
You can restrict access to PC Administrator protecting it by password. To setup
application password you have to change it options folloowing way:
- Open Admin PC options dialog form select one of the next operations:
- Click Options button on application toolbar
- Select File->Options menu item
- Use Ctrl + O key on your keyboard;
- Using options dialog form you can setup the following Admin PC properties:
- Enable password - enables IE AutoLogin protection by password
- Password - user password if Enable password is checked
- To save changed options click OK button.
Back to Online Help for Admin PC |